Top 10 Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Asthma & Allergies
In this advanced age of medical science, some of the crippling diseases are yet to be addressed properly. Asthma and allergies are mostly discussed among those crippling diseases. A few drugs and vaccines can treat asthma to some extent by alleviating the troublesome symptoms.
How Do Natural Remedies Cure Asthma & Allergies
Basically, it’s all about habit formation. Since allergy being the direct cause of asthma, it is a clear hint of poorer resistance as well as internal disharmony due to faulty eating along with some bad habits. This is the in-depth cause of asthma and the ultimate cure lies in returning to nature.
There are several ways to treat allergies and asthma naturally and without leaving any effect on your system.
It can be done through adopting an appropriate diet that is able to eliminate the toxins and reconstruct your body, and through practicing pranayama and other yoga techniques that can help you assimilate your food properly, strengthen your lungs, circulatory system and digestive system.
Natural Remedies to Treat Asthma & Allergies
Here are some tips through which you can step towards fighting asthma and allergies through natural remedies.
- You can apply mud packs on your abdomen. It can relieve the fermentation that can happen due to the indigestion of foods. Wet packs can also be applied on the chest for relieving the lung of congestion.
- You need to make yourself sweat through steam bath, hot hip bath, hot foot bath and sun bath. This stimulates your skin and relaxes your congested lungs.
- You need to fast for a few days on lemon juice along with honey and then resort to fruit juice. This process helps in nourishing your system as well as eliminating the toxins.
- You need to avoid common diet errors like eating rice, lentils, sugar, fried food and some other foods that are difficult to digest. Instead you need to increase the intake of green vegetables, fresh fruits and germinated gram.
- If you are asthmatic, you require eating less than your capacity. You need to eat slowly by chewing your food properly. You need to take plenty of fluids and 10 glasses of water a day.
- Eating onion is very effective to treat asthma. Onions contain a number of sulfides which may lessen blood pressure and help in protecting your body against cardiovascular diseases.
- Taking hot and pungent food can provide immediate relief to asthma attacks. According to experts, hot chilly pepper, garlic, spicy mustard and onions can alleviate difficult breathing by opening air passages.
- Honey is also known to be very beneficial in treating asthma. It is believed that if a full jug of honey is put under the nose of a patient suffering from asthma and he inhales the air coming into contact with honey, then he may start breathing much easier and deeper.
- Another efficient remedy for asthma is garlic. You can take garlic cloves boiled in milk daily. It helps in curing early stages of asthma. Steaming ginger tea along with minced garlic cloves can also be effective.
- Turmeric is also believed to be very effective for bronchial asthma. You can take one spoon of turmeric powder with milk twice or thrice daily. It works best if it is taken on an empty stomach.
More Home Remedies for Allergies:
– Mix five drops of castor oil in half a cup of water, or any vegetable or fruit juice. Take this drink early in the morning, when the stomach is empty. This alleviates allergies of the nasal passages, skin and intestinal tract.
– Squeeze a lime into a glass of tepid water. Add honey to sweeten the drink. Take this early in the morning. This remedy flushes out toxins and is also an effective antiallergic and antitoxic agent. Avoid this remedy if you are allergic to citrus fruits.
– A banana or two daily is good for those who suffer allergic reactions such as asthma, digestive disorders and skin rashes.
– Half a liter of carrot juice, or a combination of cucumber, beet and carrot juices is good for allergies. If you are taking mixed juices, add 100 ml each of cucumber and beet juices to 300 ml of carrot juice. This mixed juice should be drunk once a day.
Here are the research studies on how passion fruit and hookworms help to treat asthma and allergies
Passion fruit powder
A recent research study revealed that passion fruit is a very effective cure for asthma sufferers. The peel contains a set of compounds including chemicals, acids and some other ingredients that could provide a bit of relief to the asthmatics everywhere.
It is being set up as a non-toxic alternative to medications. A healthy dietary supplement can combat the difficulty in breathing and wheezing experienced by millions because of asthma.
Researchers from the University of Arizona and Mashhad Medical University in Iran had taken extracts of Passion fruit peels and made them into powder. They tested it on some asthma sufferers in the United States and Iran for four weeks. The patients who were given the passion fruit powder suffered less than those who were given placebo. The skin of the passion fruit consists of three major acids and chemical compounds that may help to ease hypertension and reduce blood pressure. Moreover, it is also rich in antioxidants, and it is known to be beneficial for the heart. That’s why it can alleviate the symptoms of asthma. The fruit’s skin also has high amounts of flavonoids that act as natural antihistamines. It is actually similar to the most popular treatment for hayfever and allergies in pills and medications.
Researchers from the University of Nottingham in the UK have come out with their finding from 30 years data. They advocate that hookworms, the blood-sucking worms that have an effect on the immune system, can be used for the effective treatment for asthma and other allergies.
The researchers confirmed that the individuals who were infected with tropical hookworms never suffered from allergies. For instance, people of certain region, where hookworms are totally absent, suffer from asthma. But areas where hookworms are abundant, people are less likely to suffer from asthma or other allergies.
Hookworms have a therapeutic value because they compel their host’s immune system to work less actively, as observed by scientists. Humans with over-active immune systems suffer from auto-immune diseases (allergies), such as asthma and Crohn’s disease. Further, experiments are being carried out by Dr David Pritchard and his team for confirming that hookworms can effectively treat auto-immune diseases.
The above are all the natural remedies to get rid of asthma and allergies.