Get Rid of Atopic Dermatitis With the Prevention & Cure Options
Prevention is better than cure. So apart from treating yourself with several medications you also need to take some precaution so that you can be safe from atopic dermatitis.
Precautions for Atopic Dermatitis
The outbreaks of eczema can be avoided and the severity of this skin disorder can be lessened by the tips mentioned below.
- Moisturize your skin frequently.
- Avoid abrupt shifts in humidity or temperature.
- Try to avoid sweating or overheating.
- Try to reduce stress as more as possible.
- Always avoid any kind of scratchy materials like wool.
- Avoid harsh detergents, soaps and solvents.
- Try to keep the environmental factors including pollen, dust, mold, animal dander and mites far from you.
- Be aware of food allergies.
Treatment of the Skin Disorder: Atopic Dermatitis
There are several treatments available for this skin disorder but the treatment mainly depends on the stage of the condition. We have listed below some of the treatment options.
- Tar Preparations : Extracts of crude coal tar are frequently used to decrease the amount of required topical steroids in the chronic maintenance of eczema.
- Steroids : Topical steroids are actually very effective to treat eczema. They help in reducing the itching and inflammation. You can apply them on the rash instead of the oil mentioned above especially after bath. But don’t use steroids more than twice a day.
- Ultraviolet Light : Ultraviolet light therapy can be helpful in chronic eczema that cant be cured by other medications.
- Anti-infective medicines: Skin disorders can be caused by several bacterias, fungus and viruses. There are some antibiotics, antiviral and antifungal medications that can be applied to treat the condition.
- Antihistamines : You can also take antihistamines by mouth. It can help in reducing itching.
You are always suggested to consult a specialist or a dermatologist before opting for the above mentioned treatment options.
To know about the Causes and Symptoms of Atopic Dermatitis click on this link: