Here Are Some Methods through Which You Can Get Rid of Allergic Rhinitis
Basically there is no single medication available that can be able to cure allergic rhinitis but there lot more medications available that can alleviate its symptoms. There are two types of medications, one is taken after the allergic reaction occurs, just to relieve the symptoms and the other is taken habitually to prevent it.
Treatment Options for Allergic Rhinitis
Considering the severity of the condition a physician can prescribe customized treatment program. We have mentioned some of those medication options.
- Antihistamines are generally used to treat allergy symptoms including runny nose, sneezing, and itchy and watery eyes. Antihistamines basically work by neutralizing the impact of histamines which are released in the bloodstream when there is an allergic reaction.
- Antihistamines are actually potential enough to ease the symptoms even if it taken 3-5 hours before you are getting exposed to those allergens.
- Corticosteroids are such medicines those are usually used to alleviate the irritation that is associated with symptoms including nasal stuffiness, sneezing and runny nose. It actually works by improving your body ability to neutralize the swelling, mucus secretions and irritation caused by the allergic reaction.
- There is another option you can go for, that is leukotriene modifiers. This helps in preventing asthma-related symptoms and allergic rhinitis symptoms.
- There are some decongestants available in market. This medication is used to decrease the swelling, nasal congestion and redness..