Easy and Effective Tips to Combat Summer allergies
Summer season is apparently very pleasant but behind this pleasure it also invites the inevitable summer allergies. Watery and itchy eyes, stuffy nose, and sneezing – do these symptoms sound familiar to you in this season? If yes, then, just relax and try to follow the tips mentioned below.
Tips to Combat Summer Allergies
According to experts, the majority of summer allergies including respiratory problems actually come from inhaling such allergens like grass pollen, tress and mold spores. Any kind of exposure to pet dander, dust as well as the indoor pollutants can actually worsen the severity of summer allergies.
Below are some effective tips to fight against summer allergies.
- You need to stay in air-conditioned surrounding with windows closed. In this way you can reduce or alleviate your symptoms. But unfortunately enough, that the symptoms would flare up the moment you go outside and may remain with you for the rest of the day.
- If you are allergic to pollen then you are suggested to use window air-conditioning units. You need to run the air conditioner as more as possible.
- Window air-conditioning units are actually useful in filtering the large, airborne pollen and other dust particles. If you are allergic to pollen it is advised to run the air-conditioner as much as possible during the warm-weather months. If you use an air conditioner, keep it clean. Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems harbor moisture, mold and dust.
- If you are suffering from any kind of mild symptoms then you need to take antihistamines, which help you in reducing or easing the symptoms.
- You are always suggested to take precautions as more as possible before using any kind of antihistamines because it can cause drowsiness and urination problems for older persons.
- If the above mentioned medication does not work and you are craving for more relief then you can take antihistamines combined with a decongestant. It can make you more relieved.
- However, if you are taking multiple medications or suffering chronic medical issues such as hypertension or prostate problems, then you need to should consult a physician.
- If you are really concerned about your symptoms those are becoming more severe with the every passing day then you are always recommended to consult your physician immediately.
- In almost all instances, after identifying your allergic sensitivities you can go for some prescription drugs, eye drops, nasal sprays, non-sedating antihistamines or allergy shots, or specific allergen avoidance can help alleviate symptoms.