Allergies

Bee sting Allergy

Flying stinging insects cause allergic reaction to many people. Generally, the people who get sting by such insects, develop some kind of allergy at the place of bite. This reaction will result in swelling, pain, itching and redness at that site.

The allergy is usually caused due the spread of venom which can sometimes result in even death of the person. A condition called Anaphylaxis occurs when a chain of reactions or full- blown reaction takes place.

Signs Of Anaphylaxis:

Anaphylaxis is the allergic reaction which takes place when any poisonous insect bites you. This reaction can be recognised by the following signs:

  • Hives will be formed at the infected spot
  • Swelling will also be noticed
  • Itching will there in and around the infected portion
  • Itchiness will be there in eyes, they will become watery too
  • Cramping in the stomach will be there
  • Swelling will be there in the lips, throat or tongue
  • Shortness in the breath, wheezing, coughing
  • Flushing
  • Sense of metallic taste will be felt in the mouth
  • Fast heart beat, lightheartedness, low blood pressure

How To Treat Beesting Allergy:

The treatment of bee sting allergy can be done in the following ways:

  • The first step is to remove the stinger carefully. If some part of stinger remains inside the infected part then it can result in more quantity of venom in the body of the person.
  • A dose of self injected epinephrine can be taken to treat allergic reactions
  • In take of antihistamine can be taken to treat allergic reactions

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *