Seasonal Allergies Relief
22 millions Americans get affected by seasonal allergies that usually occur from early spring to late November. Allergies hit us when our immune system fails to react with the foreign object. Seasonal allergies can result due to some pollens, airborne fungi, grass and even cosmetics and certain foods.
When an allergen is introduced into the body, the body in return fights back by producing histamines. This destruction of allergen by histamines result into various seasonal allergic symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes. Some ways to get relief from seasonal allergies are discussed in this article.
Some ways to get Relief from Seasonal Allergies
Some of the natural ways to prevent seasonal allergic symptoms are as follows:
- During changing weathers, there are increased chances of getting seasonal allergies.
- So make sure you vacuum the home properly to remove allergens.
- Also vacuum your vehicles to keep it allergen free.
- Take your shoes off at door while entering the home.
- Change your clothes when you come from outside to keep the allergens away.
- Wash your clothes in warm water.
- Buy an air filter for your home to remove allergens and dust from the home environment.
- This will allow you to have a good sleep also.
- Clean you pets, bathe them frequently and keep their area clean.
- You can try some herbal cure to get relief from sinus allergies.
Some herbs that are used to get relief from seasonal allergies are as follows:
- Nettle -Urtica dioica
- Ephedra – Ephedra sinicia
- Echinacea – Echinacea purpurea
- Garlic – Allium sativum
- Ginger – Zingiber officinale
These herbs can be taken in foods as well as in tea form also. The above are some of the effective ways to overcome seasonal allergies.