Grass Allergy Relief
Grass allergy is a very common problem, especially during the spring season. It also happens at the end of summer season. The problem is directly liked to hay fever because their symptoms are close to each other. There are various ways to get relief from grass allergy. It is reported that in the US alone, nearly 30% of allergies are caused due to grass allergy. The allergic symptoms are somewhat similar to asthma symptoms. Some of the methods to get relief from grass allergy symptoms are discussed in this article.
How to Get Relief from Grass Allergy
The following are some of the ways to get relief from grass allergy :
- Windows of the house should be kept closed during the allergy season.
- Air-conditioners and fans can be used to keep the home cool and allergen free.
- Pets should be kept clean and hygienic as they can be the carrier of pollens.
- Hire someone to cut the grasses in your field and it will be good if you cut the grass in other months.
- Lawns should be maintained short as to lessen the pollen production.
- Antihistamine can be taken first before mowing the laws so as ti reduce the allergic symptoms. Mask can be worn to protect yourself from grass allergy.
- When you observer some grass allergic symptoms, immediately consult a doctor, who will prescribe you emollients, eye drops, medications, ointments and lotions to get quick relief.
- Allergy shots or immunotherapy are another options to get relief from grass allergy. Before going for this therapy, consult a doctor first as it does not suit everybody. Immunotherapy makes a person less sensitive towards an allergen.
Symptoms of Grass Allergy
The following are some of the common symptoms of grass allergy :
- Breathing difficulty
- Allergic rhinitis
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Dry cough
- Watery eyes
In older people, grass allergy symptoms can be severe and can also lead to anaphylactic shock symptoms. Epinephrine auto-injection can be given to them for a fast relief. These reactions are very rare.