Allergies

Wine Allergy Symptoms

Some people think taking a glass of wine with meals is the best way to relax. It can also be possible in some people that a glass of wine can end up in trouble for them causing severe physical reactions. This indicates an allergy to wine.

Wine allergy is caused in some people when they consume alcohol. The body processes to remove the alcohol present in wine and creates a waste product. The body creates an enzyme which removes this waste product. Thus, wine allergy is caused by this waste product formation. Wine allergy is basically an alcohol allergy. Some common symptoms of wine allergy are discussed in this article.

Symptoms of Wine Allergy

Some common symptoms of wine allergy are as follows:

  • Tightness and stinging in the lower jaws and cheeks.
  • Swelling around the eyes, mouth and in cheeks.
  • Becoming dizzy, feeling sick, tired and drunk very fast even after only one or two glasses of wine.
  • Hangover still prevails even after a day which is worse than it should be in relation with the amount of alcohol or wine taken. It is called Asian hangover and is a common symptom of wine allergy.
  • Face can become bright red.
  • Red patches on legs, arms, chest or back.

Some other wine allergy symptoms are as follows:

  • Cold like symptoms like stuffy or runny nose, watery eyes and itchy nose.
  • Headache and migraine.
  • Difficulty in breathing.
  • Difficulty in swallowing.
  • Hives can also be seen.

The above are a few symptoms of wine allergy. The amounts of symptom a person can get from wine also depends upon the quality of wine. More expensive wines can show reduced symptoms as compared to the cheap wines. Next time go for more expensive wines and watch out if it makes any difference.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *