Alternative Allergy Treatments
There are various alternative approaches to allergy treatment. When allergies are left untreated, they can cripple a person’s day to day activities. In some strong cases, allergies can cause extreme physical reactions and minor symptoms include cold like symptoms and other gastrointestinal disorders.
Allergies can be treated with natural remedies and various medicines. If you want to avoid medicines, you can go for some natural remedies to get rid of allergy symptoms. There are various vitamins, herbs and other kinds of treatments to get rid of allergy symptoms. To know about some alternative allergies treatment, read on for more in this article.
Important Alternative Allergy Treatments
Some of the important alternative treatments for allergy are discussed in this article –
Minerals and Vitamins –
- Vitamin C helps fight cold symptoms as it is the best antihistamine which provides energy to white blood cells.
- Vitamin C helps protect the primary symptoms of allergy to turn into secondary infections.
- 500 mg of vitamin C should be taken everyday.
- Vitamin B helps to provide energy to the body, though it doesn’t directly affect the allergy symptoms. Thus, vitamin B rich foods should be taken.
- Magnesium and calcium are some minerals which can evade the allergy symptoms.
Herbal Remedies –
– It is commonly called Licorice. It helps cure asthma, ulcers and allergies. It should be taken 3 gms everyday to keep the allergy symptoms at bay.
– This herb helps boost the immune system of the body. 1,000 mgs of tablet can be taken thrice a day for eight weeks to get relief from allergy symptoms.
– This herb can help reduce the allergy symptoms. Take this for 2 to 4 weeks before the beginning of allergy season.
– This is an enzyme found in pineapples which help reduce symptoms like swelling and inflammation. Take 250 to 500 mgs a day for a week to get relief from the above symptoms.
– OPCs or Oligomeric proanthocyanidins are extreme antioxidants which helps to improve functions of vitamin E and C. It also decreases the production of histamines.
Apart from the above alternative allergy treatments, a person should do mild exercises on a regular basis, eat a healthy diet, reduce the stress level and keep the house clean to get rid of allergy symptoms. Allergic foods should be particularly avoided.