Dust Allergy – Dust Allergy Symptoms
Allergic reactions are the most common problem observed in most of the people. Most people suffer from certain health problems such as runny nose and cough throughout the year. This is due to dust allergy. Almost all homes contain dust mites and sometimes too much cleaning or excess dust can cause allergic reactions in the body. Dust allergy can trigger several health problems and one cannot detect the exact cause. Let us know what are the dust allergy symptoms.
Dust Allergy Symptoms:
Some dust intolerance symptoms are similar to pet allergy symptoms. One will notice that most of the symptoms of dust allergy aggravate while cleaning up the house or after dusting the bedsheets.
Watery and itchy eyes is another common symptom of dust intolerance. Sneezing repeatedly for several times is another most common symptoms. You will experience this symptom immediately after waking up. Other symptoms of dust intolerance include throat irritation, itchy nose and cough. Difficulty in breathing or asthma can also be a dust allergy symptom. Following are other symptoms of dust allergy.
- Swollen skin under the eyes
- Sinus pressure
- Hay fever
- Redness in eyes
Dust Allergy Relief:
- You may choose antihistamines that are available over the counter for getting relief from dust allergy.
- Decongestants also help in relieving stuffy nose.
- Certain eye drops and nasal sprays may help in giving relief from the symptoms of dust mite allergy.
Precautions for Dust Allergy:
- Firstly, you must try to get rid of dust mites from your house.
- Wash clothes, carpets, blankets and bedsheets in hot water regularly.
- Use a good quality detergent for washing furnishings and clothes to remove dust from them.
- Use a dehumidifier to keep the room dry and thus, avoids dust mites which cause allergic reactions.
- Regularly vacuum your house to remove dust mites.
- Use an air purifier to keep away the dust mites.
- Place the bedding and rugs which are not washable in sunlight for killing dust mites.
- Wear a mask while cleaning the house.
- Keep the doors and windows open while cleaning the house.