Gluten Allergy Foods List
Food intolerance is the food hypersensitivity wherein an individual can’t digest or tolerate some foods. Wheat or gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance are the most common food intolerances. On eating these foods, people may suffer from adverse effects such as vomiting, nausea, bloating, abdominal pain, etc. Gluten is the prominent content in rye, barley and wheat. Gluten intolerance is also referred to as
. It is an autoimmune disease.
The exact cause of the celiac disease or gluten allergy is not known, however, it is said that it is hereditary. If you consume foods containing gluten while suffering from celiac disease, it may damage small intestines. If it continues for a long period, intestine may become weak and it cannot digest other essential nutrients needed by the body. To avoid this, you must consult the doctor for an appropriate treatment as soon as possible. The most simple and the best treatment to cure gluten intolerance is to follow a diet for the gluten allergy. Following is the gluten allergy food list that one must follow to prevent celiac disease.
Gluten Allergy Food List – Foods to Avoid:
All the foods prepared from barley, rye and wheat contain gluten. Thus, you must identify them and exclude them from the diet. Below is the list of foods which contain gluten, which must be avoided:
- Malt, bourbon, whiskey, beer
- All bread and floured meats
- Candies, ice cream cone, icing, ice creams
- Mixed vegetable oil and wheat germ oil
- Pretzels, crackers, rolls, biscuits, bagels and potato chips
- Some gravies, sauces and soups which are thickened with the wheat flour
- Wheat nachos, tortillas and pancakes
- Cakes, muffins, donuts, waffles and cookies
- Pasta, cereals and bread
- Rye, barley, wheat germ and wheat
You must be aware of the bakery foods as they contain gluten. You must check the labels of the packed and processed foods to know the presence of gluten. If not mentioned, stay away from those foods to avoid the risk. You can also ask the chef or waiter about the ingredients of the dish to avoid the symptoms of gluten allergy. Fortunately, there are many foods which are safe to eat. Let us know about them.
Gluten Allergy Food List – Foods to Eat:
Besides the foods to be avoided in celiac disease foods list, there are several foods which are safe to eat while you are suffering from gluten intolerance. Following list gives information on the gluten free foods list.
- Olives, herbs, spices, condiments, salt, etc
- Cocoa, soda, fruit juices, tea, coffee
- Honey, jellies, gelatin, custards, jams, sugar
- Buttermilk, yogurt, milk, ghee, butter, cheese
- Olive oil and sunflower oil
- Fish, eggs, meat
- Rice, bean flour, oatmeal, potato flour, buckwheat, millet, quinoa
- Dried fruits, nuts, vegetables, fruits