What is Hair Dye Allergy?
Hair dye is an easy method to hide the gray hair. Most youngsters and teenagers use hair color to give visually appealing hair color. This sounds interesting, doesn’t it? But, some of these youngsters and elders visit dermatologist for a hair dye allergy. Yes, people can suffer from allergic reaction to hair dye if they have a very sensitive scalp.
Symptoms of Hair Dye Allergy:
Severity of symptoms differs from one person to another, but mostly allergic reaction symptoms are observed in 24 hours after the application of hair dye. Following are the symptoms of hair dye:
- Scalp itching is the most common symptom of hair dye allergy.
- The hairline and scalp can show the symptoms of blister or pimple formation.
- Some people also complain about dermatitis on the hairline. Sometimes, contact dermatitis may spread to neck and forehead.
- Apart from affecting the face, a severe allergic reaction to hair dye can also cause swollen eyes.
- Swelling and rashes in other body parts can also be noticed.
- A hair dye user can also experience nauseatic feeling and fever.
- People may also experience difficulty in swallowing food.
Treatment for Hair Dye Allergy:
Corticosteroid drugs can be used for treating swelling on the eyelids and around the face. However, these must be used according to the doctor’s prescription. Claritin aids in reducing scalp itching and gives relief from hair dye allergic reactions. You can either use its topical form for applying it on the scalp or can take it internally.
Wash it off:
The best treatment for hair care products allergy is to get rid of them as soon as possible. Use a mild shampoo to rinse the hair, to remove the applied hair dye. This reduces the discomfort related with hair dye allergic reaction symptoms. Make a note that formation of rashes because of the application of hair dye is a sign of intolerance to hair products, thus removing them is the best treatment option.
This is another medicine which is effective in counteracting the effects of allergy. Basically, benadryl is an antihistamine and it can be taken as an over the counter drug. However, one has to consult the health care provider to know the exact dose of the medicine.
Natural moisturizers for skin care are also helpful in treating adverse skin reactions which occur because of allergic reactions of hair dye. These help in restoring healthy skin.
Consumption of appropriate foods aids in reducing the adverse effects of allergic reactions. Foods which act like skin healers must be included in the diet. You must also eat more fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drinking carrot juice or applying it externally on the skin is very useful in treating various skin disorders.