Bee Pollen for Allergies
Allergies are caused due to the biochemical and physiological interaction with the world around us such as chemicals, foods, natural substances in the environment which you inhale, ingest or get in contact and also with several body tissues and internal microbes.
Immune system ascertains what is required and what is foreign. It counteracts by releasing some chemicals like histamines. This comes in handy when you really have a true foreign substance that enters the body like chemicals, infectious organisms and foreign substances. Foods, dust, animal dander, molds and pollens contain certain antigens which stimulate an antibody response.
Histamine and other chemicals are released into the immune system, resulting in an inflammatory reaction. It is known as antigen antibody response. This afflicts the gastrointestinal tract, lungs, mucus membranes, skin, organs and tissues.
A Report on Bee Pollen for Allergies:
Following are some proven facts about bee pollen for allergies:
- Nearly 73% of people suffering from hay fever improved from the symptoms when bee pollen is given orally.
- 33.3% of asthma patients and 17.8% of hay fever sufferers improved completely by taking bee pollen supplements orally.
- 78% of asthmatics averaged a 75% improvement after consuming bee pollen.
- If you take bee pollen before allergy season begins, it is very effective in reducing the symptoms of allergic reactions.
How to Use Bee Pollen for Allergies?
Following are some recommendations for using bee pollen to treat allergic reactions:
- Start including bee pollen in your diet 2 – 3 months before summer season. Take about 1 – 2 tablespoons of bee pollen every day after introducing it into your diet.
- Try to avoid gluten and wheat from the diet for about 4 weeks and later include in your diet once a week from then.
- Exclude dairy products from your diet for nearly 4 weeks and again introduce in your diet once in a week.
- Take plenty of Quercetin and vitamin C.
- Take 1 – 2 tablespoons of local honey every day.
- Control stress levels.
- Change the laundry detergent, fabric softener, cosmetics to natural and green non allergic brands and household cleaners. Chemical overloads weaken the immune system and stresses liver.
- You must chance the filter of furnace for every 3 months.
- Stay away from sugar and also foods containing added sugar.
- Avoid sulfates and sulfites.
- Try to switch to organic foods.
- Drink plenty of filtered water.
- Increase fiber consumption.