Supplements For Seasonal Allergies
People suffering from seasonal allergies rely on taking antihistamines frequently. Many of them are concerned about taking these medications during allergy season and they start searching for any natural alternatives. This is especially true in the case of those who experience side effects from allergy medications. Many people experience fatigue, dry mouth, irritability and headaches. Even there can be dangerous side effects like high blood pressure, palpitations or abnormal heartbeat, disorders of liver and blood that can affect the people. Supplements for seasonal allergies are considered to ease the seasonal allergy misery which are mentioned below.
The supplements for seasonal allergies are the natural antihistamines which can provide you best relief. You need to take these supplements before the allergic season starts so as to prevent the symptoms.
– This is a perennial plant which has got good medicinal properties. The pungently aromatic root helps in clearing away the sinuses. Add five teaspoons of this herb in boiling water and consume the broth. You can even inhale the aroma which is very useful for draining congestion. The aromatic steam gives soothing effect to the irritated nasal membranes.
– Seasonal allergies even cause sore throat along with nasal drainage. For this cinnamon makes a good supplement. Gargling the cinnamon solution provides soothing effect to the irritated mucus membrane. For this you need to add cinnamon tincture to a cup of warm water and gargle the solution. To prepare a homemade cinnamon tincture, steep some cinnamon sticks in vodka and keep shaking the solution often for two weeks. Strain the solution and store it in a dark colored bottle which has a tight lid.
– Vitamin E helps in preventing immune system from undergoing allergic responses to certain allergens like pollen. Consuming vitamin E supplements or foods with more amounts of vitamin E will help in subsiding the symptoms of seasonal allergies.
– Also known as vitamin B5, it is a very effective supplement for those who suffer from allergic rhinitis or nasal allergies. It can even provide relief in less than 10 minutes and suppresses mucus secretions for up to twelve hours.
– This has got certain compounds that help in blocking the histamine receptors. Other than easing seasonal allergies, it has many more benefits such as lowering total cholesterol levels, inhibiting growth of cancer cells and improves good cholesterol levels.
Grape Seed Extract and Pycnogenol
– These both supplements contain similar compounds to green tea, known as bioflavonoids. These bioflavonoids cannot block the histamine receptors, but can inhibit the production of histamine to nearly 70%. These are very good sources of relief from allergy symptoms and can even help in protecting from high blood pressure and heart diseases.
– This is the most preferred supplement for treating many illnesses and allergies as well. It helps in reducing the histamine production during allergic reaction. Asthma, anaphylaxis and allergies to stings can be treated by vitamin C. Vitamin C supplements subside the inflammation that occurs as a result of allergy.
The above given are the effective supplements for seasonal allergies. They are affordable as they are less expensive than regular medications. It is better to seek a physician’s concern before starting these supplement intake.