If you are experiencing these allergic symptoms then see your general practitioner. Before you visit a doctor, remember to prepare yourself. So, here are some of the things that you need to be ready for:
- Write down your family history of asthma and allergy.
- Write down the list of signs and symptoms that you are experiencing.
- Make a list of the medications, supplements and vitamins that you are taking.
- You should even ask whether to stop any medications.
- What are the causes of this allergic reaction?
- What are the causes for my signs and symptoms?
- Will I need any other allergic tests?
- Should I talk to an allergy specialist?
- What is the best treatment?
- Do I need to follow any treatments?
- What emergency symptoms should my friends and family be aware of?
- Do I need to follow any restrictions?
- What symptoms should prompt me to call your office?
- When did you begin experiencing symptoms?
- What are your symptoms?
- Have you recently had a cold or other respiratory infection?
- Do you have pets, and do they go into bedrooms?
- Are your symptoms worse at certain times of day?
- Do you have a family history of allergies or asthma?
- What treatments have you tried so far? Have they helped?
- What medications are you currently taking, including herbal remedies?
- Do you have any other health problems?
List of Questions to Ask your Doctor
Here are some Questions that will help you in Preparing for Appointment:
Preparing a list of questions will help you make the most of your time together. For symptoms that may be related to an allergy, some basic questions to ask your doctor include:
In addition to these, you can prepare yourself for some of the common questions that you doctor might ask you like:
In addition to these questions, never hesitate to ask your doctor if you have any other doubts or if have not understood anything.