Allergic reactions can make your life miserable. However, there are certain things that you can do to set yourself free. So, here are some of the preventive measures for all the allergy sufferers out there:
- Track Allergy Symptoms: The first step is to track down what causes allergy signs and symptoms. This is done to keep you away from allergic attacks. You can even maintain a personal diary to monitor the allergic medications or allergy shots. This done to learn the avoidance strategies that works best for your body. This is the first step in gaining control over your allergies.
- Avoid Allergy Triggers: This is the best thing that anybody can do because if you avoid the exposure to the allergen, you won’t have an allergic reaction. Limit or completely eliminate yourself from getting exposed to widespread allergens like dust mites, animal dander, or pollen.
- Stay Indoors: Keep your windows closed or stay indoors. If you are supposed to go out, make sure that you wear a face mask to filter the mould and pollen.
Other Allergy prevention Measures
- Go for an allergen-free vacation where there are fewer allergens, especially during the pollen time.
- Avoid allergen hotspots. If you have to work in such areas then wear a close fitting face mask.
- Take an allergen-free vacation. Vacation in an area where there are fewer allergens or when they aren’t at their peak.
Dust-proof your home
- Remove dust mite hideouts like venetian blinds, feather pillows, general clutter, and closets full of clothing.
- Encase pillows and bedding in plastic, zippered, and dust-mite proof encasings.
- Wash bedding weekly in hot water.
- Vacuum your home with a high efficiency filter (HEPA) with a double filter bag.